Watermelon Cantaloupe Lemonade
1 Large Watermelon, rind removed, cut into cubes
1/2 Large Cantaloupe, rind removed, cut into cubes
Juice of 8 Lemons
2 3/4 C. Sugar
2 C. Water
Water, for mixing
1. Juice the cubed watermelon, either by putting the cubes through a juicer, or pureeing in a blender and pouring through a large sieve to remove the pulp and into a pitcher. Refrigerate watermelon juice.
2. Juice the cantaloupe, either by putting the cubes through a juicer or pureeing the cantaloupe cubes in a blender or food processor and running through a large sieve to remove the pulp. Place the cantaloupe juice in a large saucepan, along with the lemon juice, sugar, and 2 cups water.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
4. Transfer the cantaloupe/lemonade base to a pitcher or container and chill in the refrigerator.
5. To make the lemonade:
6. Fill a glass 1/4 full with the cantaloupe/lemonade base. Fill the glass with ice. Pour the watermelon juice carefully over the ice until the glass is 3/4 full. Watermelon juice will sit on top of the lemonade base. Pour water into the glass until the glass is full. Serve.
7. Mix together before drinking.