1 C. Sugar
1 C. Water
4 C. Cantaloupe, cubed & chilled
Juice of 1 small Lemon
1. Make a simple syrup by placing the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to completely dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, place in a airtight container, and refrigerate until cold.
2. Place the chilled cantaloupe cubes, cold simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender. Puree until very smooth.
3. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
4. When thick and frozen, scoop into a container and freeze until firm.
5. Let sit out for 5 minutes before scooping.