- 1/2 peeled, sliced watermelon
- 1 heaping tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons Spanish Sherry vinegar (or plain white wine vinegar)
- 1 good bunch of mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for sautéing
1. Arrange slices of watermelon on a large dish. Wash and dry the mint, then mince finely with a knife.
2. In a bowl, mix honey, vinegar and chopped mint. Stir vigorously. Spread the slices of watermelon well with this marinade and let stand at least fifteen minutes.
3. In a nonstick skillet, pour a little oil and brush the entire surface with a kitchen brush. Put the pan on high heat and when hot, place the watermelon slices wetted in the marinade. Let the slices sauté 3 or 4 minutes per side, you’ll notice them change color.
4. Once done, remove to a platter and cut into bite-sized pieces or the size you prefer. Serve as an appetizer on a hot day, warm or at ambient temperature.