Prosciutto, Melon, and Mozzarella Recipe
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced Italian Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon, or 1/2 of each
- A lemon or lime for squeezing
- 1 8-ounce container of fresh cherry-size mozzarella cheese, each cheese ball cut in half
- Party toothpicks or bamboo skewers
- Melon Baller
1. Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop up the melon into small balls. Place melon balls in a bowl and sprinkle lemon or lime juice all over them. Take a small strip of prosciutto and wrap it around a melon ball. Pierce through with a toothpick and add a piece of mozzarella if desired.
2. Repeat for all melon balls. Arrange on a platter.